Nine agriculture students attended Ohio Corn & Wheat’s Professional Development Night at Wright State University Lake Campus on Tuesday, February 21. OCW project manager, Ellen Gilliland, and education and outreach intern, Marcy Prushing, travelled to Celina to facilitate the event.
The first part of the evening explored Franklin Covey’s 5 Choices of Highly Effective People and how to apply these choices to both personal and professional lives.
1. Acting on the Important- don’t react on the urgent
2. Go for the Extraordinary- don’t settle for the ordinary
3. Schedule the “Big Rocks”- don’t sort gravel
4. Rule Your Technology- don’t let it rule you
5. Fuel Your Fire- don’t burn it out
During the second half of the program, the students learned about interview preparation, networking, social media etiquette, and time management.
All nine students who attended the professional development event have decided to join OCW’s New Crop for the coming year.