A commitment to your industry.
The Insider Action Team is a group of farmers who are knowledgeable about the legislative issues facing Ohio’s agriculture industry and who are passionate about taking action regarding these issues. They are committed to quickly responding "in force" regarding issues facing the growth and stability of Ohio's farming industry.
Members make a commitment to contact legislators via phone, letter or email — even during the busiest times — to support Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association legislative initiatives.
As an Insider Action Team member, you have accepted the responsibility to forcefully defend agriculture and ensure that legislators understand and can defend agriculture’s stance on a particular issue.
Joining the Insider Action Team means that Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association can count on you to share your opinion when the time comes.
- Several U.S. Senators sent a letter to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt expressing their strong support for the Renewable Fuel Standard. Read the letter here: 2018 03 01 RFS letter to Pruitt.pdf. More information: Renewable Identification Number (RIN) and the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS).
- Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association, along with the National Corn Growers Association and 21 other state corn producer groups, sent a letter to U.S. EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt objecting to the recent small refinery exemptions from their RFS obligations. Read the letter here.
- The Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association has teamed up with the RAP Index to get a better idea of how well connected Ohio Corn & Wheat members are in their communities and with their state and national lawmakers. By taking the RAP Index survey, you will help us better connect the dots between you and your legislators so that we can improve our advocacy efforts. Don't worry, your responses to the questions will be confidential and will only be used internally here at Ohio Corn & Wheat. The RAP Index is a huge step forward for our association in advancing our advocacy efforts on issues important to you such as international trade, the Renewable Fuel Standard, tax reform and the Farm Bill. Take the survey here.
- Take Action on the RFS (May 7, 2018) - According to multiple sources, the Trump Administrations is hosting another meeting to discuss the RFS and the future of ethanol. Make your voice heard by taking action today! More details, click here.
- Testimony from Mark Drewes before the Ohio House Finance and Ohio Senate Finance Committees. Click here.
- The Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association Announces Support for the Thune/Brown ACR-II Proposal. Read the official statement here.
The Insider Action Team receives generous support from Seed Consultants, Inc.